The anticipation is overwhelming!! Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl 51 and the countdown to kickoff is quickly approaching. Restor-It wishes you all have a fun and safe day of festivities and celebration. #inBrotherhood #RiseUp
As we enter a new year, we pause to say thank you for all of Restor-It’s tremendous support. We appreciate and cherish the opportunity to work with each of our customers. Best wishes for a healthy and very prosperous 2017!!
Take a moment to learn something about our Veterans today
Honoring those who fought and died in Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn
Restor-It wishes you all a fun and safe weekend
Let’s celebrate the labor that built up this great land.. From field to field, desk to desk, they built it hand in hand!
Everyone have a safe & fun Labor Day Weekend!
10 Tips to Get Your School-Aged Kids Out the Door on Time
Do you seem to be late for school a lot? Do people tease you about it? Do grades suffer because of it? Does your tardiness annoy your teacher?
Being on time is so important for academic success! Learn to improve your reputation and your chances for academic success with these tips for being right on time–all the time!
- Rethink the meaning of “on time.” People who are always on time are really people who arrive early every day–and acknowledge that things can go wrong to set them back several minutes. When things do “go wrong” these students arrive on time!
- Understand the importance of being on time. Students who are always on time are the people who earn the best grades, win scholarships, and get into great colleges. In the working world, the people who are always on time are the people who get promotions.
- Get enough sleep. If you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning, then make a serious effort to get to bed earlier. Sufficient sleep is essential for maximum brain function anyway, so you really don’t want to ignore this aspect of your scholastic habits.
- Give yourself a realistic amount of time to dress and groom. You can do this with a simple exercise: Get up early one morning and time yourself (moving at a normal pace) to see how long it takes you to get ready. You may be surprised at the time it takes, especially if you find you have been trying to squeeze forty minutes worth of grooming into fifteen minutes each morning. You can try creating a time management clock.
- Know exactly when you need to be at your destination and subtract ten or fifteen minutes to establish your arrival time. This will give you time to go to the restroom or chat with friends. What time are you expected to be seated in your home room or your first class? If class begins at 7:45, you should arrive at the school by 7:30 and be in your seat at 7:40.
- Be open to your teacher’s preferences. Does your teacher want you to be seated early? If your teacher wants you to be in class before the bell rings, then do so if it’s possible-even if you don’t agree. Don’t get angry and blame others if you aren’t meeting the teacher’s expectations. Why cause trouble for yourself?
- Communicate any problems. If your bus is always late or you have to take your little brother to school and it always makes you late, just explain this to your teacher.
- Listen to traffic news. If you depend on public transportation to get to school, always keep an eye on schedule interruptions.
- Have a backup plan for your transportation. If you normally ride to school with a friend, think ahead and plan what to do if your friend gets sick.
- Set your clocks forward by ten minutes. This is a dirty little psychological trick that many people play on themselves. The funny thing is, it really works!
Restor-It wishes each one of our supporters a Wonderful 1st Day Back to School
Luxury Vinyl Tile and Luxury Vinyl Plank
LVT is a luxury vinyl product that looks like stone or ceramic tile, complete with gorgeous natural colors and surface texture that feels like the real thing. Some styles are even made to be installed with grout. Talk about realistic!
LVP is luxury vinyl flooring that looks like wood planks in everything from color to species. Surface textures often include the look of scraping or embossing, which dramatically heighten the realism. Also like wood, planks may be installed in sophisticated ways—in brick fashion, diagonally, and so on. The result? Stunning.
Our sheet vinyl is fiberglass-cushion-backed sheet flooring that is glued directly to the subfloor. And these days, designs are amazingly sophisticated—grouted tile, wood plank, stone. With their trendy colors and styling, they look beautiful.
About all of it….
- Resilient flooring—whether LVT, LVP, or sheet vinyl—is known for its warmth and comfort underfoot.
- It’s extremely high-performance.
- And surprisingly beautiful.
- You can put it anywhere—even in places where moisture could be a problem for other types of flooring.
- To top it off, Shaw’s new styles are so fresh and sophisticated, you might say they reinvented resilient.
Read More at…
Wishing you all a safe and fun long weekend in observance of our Nation’s Independence Day.
Restor-It is available all weekend for your water damage emergencies. Call us at 678-355-6645 and press 1 to be immediately connected to our on call staff.
Our office will closed in observance of the holiday on Monday, July 4th and will resume business as usual on Tuesday, July 5th.
Many homeowners hope to save money by doing certain things themselves, but sometimes there are risks involved that can outweigh any potential cost savings. Carpet cleaning is a perfect example. Carpet cleaning may appear to be a rather straightforward task, but it actually requires a high degree of knowledge, skill and experience to perform correctly.
After all, your carpet represents a sizeable investment. Unless the cleaning is performed by an experienced professional, the carpet could sustain permanent damage to its color, texture, and/or structural integrity. And depending on the extent of the damage, you may need to have part or all of the carpet replaced.
So even if you consider yourself an avid do-it-yourselfer, it is important to recognize the risks associated with DIY carpet care. Below are five of the most prevalent concerns…
- Using Improper Equipment – Many of the carpet cleaning machines available for homeowners to rent or purchase are simply not powerful enough to do a proper deep cleaning. Unlike a commercial machine, a homeowner-grade machine is designed for portability rather than power. Hence, it cannot generate the water pressure, heat, or extraction power necessary to clean and sanitize the carpet as thoroughly as professional-grade equipment. Also, beware of any device that forcibly rotates against your carpet – such as a brush or bonnet. These types of machines may actually damage and distort the carpet fibers, causing the carpet to appear prematurely worn or “frizzed out.” Basically, if the machine is not certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute’s Seal of approval program, then don’t even consider using it on your carpet.
- Lacking Necessary Experience – Not all carpet fibers are the same, not all stains are the same, and not all cleaning techniques are the same. What may work miracles on some carpets may discolor or destroy other types of carpets. Carpet cleaning is both a science and an art. So without the proper training and experience, it is relatively easy to make stains worse, bleach the fibers, alter the color, fray the nap, delaminate the backing, or permanently harm the carpet in many other ways. Let’s face it, you really can’t afford to undergo a trial and error process on your home’s carpet. It is always better to hire a specialized expert to ensure your carpet is cleaned in the most effective and expedient manner.
- Applying Too Much Cleaning Agent – One of the most prevalent issues with DIY carpet cleaning is using too much of the cleaning agent, be it a shampoo, detergent or chemical. It is very common for do-it-yourself carpet cleaners to use a soap concentration stronger than is recommended and/or to continually disperse more cleaner into the carpet in an attempt to remove additional soil. Unfortunately, applying an exaggerated amount of cleaning solution does not improve its performance. It actually just makes the removal of the cleaner that much more difficult. And the more shampoo or cleaner left behind in the carpet fibers, the more sticky residue there will be to attract new dirt and accelerate the re-soiling process.
- Soaking the Carpet with Moisture – Another common concern with DIY carpet cleaning is using too much water to rinse the cleaning agent from the carpet fibers. Since the fibers cannot hold very much moisture, the bulk of the rinse goes straight through the carpet and into the pad beneath it. Saturating the carpet will not only prolong its drying time, it can also lead to challenging problems. For example, if moisture is allowed to penetrate through the carpet and into the pad, deep stains can wick upward as the carpet dries. Also, mold, mildew, and bacteria can begin to grow relatively quickly in a damp carpet pad.
- Voiding the Carpet Warranty – Most carpet manufacturers would prefer you hire a professional carpet cleaning company rather than do the job yourself. This is because cleaning the carpet improperly could negatively affect your warranty. For example, carpets treated with stain guard technology must be cleaned with products specially formulated for this purpose. Otherwise, the stain resistance will be impaired and the warranty voided. Likewise, using cleaning solutions or spot treatments that contain bleaches or brighteners can discolor the carpet and invalidate the warranty. Even certain types of cleaning equipment and techniques can nullify warranty coverage.
At Restor-It, we share your goal of restoring your carpet to the best condition possible. So if you are unsure of your ability to clean it correctly, just get in touch with us and we will be happy to perform a thorough cleaning for you.
Do-it-yourself carpet cleaning may seem like an economical choice, but is not as safe or effective as a professional deep cleaning. Don’t risk causing harm to your carpet! Give the professionals at Restor-It a call today 678-355-6645.
Memorial Day gives us time to remember those who lost their lives while serving our country in the armed forces.
Please stay safe this weekend and take time to remember those honored men and women.